Saturday, April 11, 2009

Help to identify a house plant! There is something wrong with it!?

My friends gave me a plant as a housewarming gift about a year ago. I was never a flowers/plants person so that being said I have no idea how to take care of it. All I do is water it when remember. Today I looked at it and saw that all lower leaves had something on them. Little rusty-brownish spots that can be removed if you rub them off. I wasn%26#039;t sure what to do so I cut off all leaves that had this stuff on them and cleaned the remaining ones.


The problem is I don%26#039;t even know what kind of plant I have therefore don%26#039;t know how to look up for treatment. Can someone help me! I am attaching image of it:


http://www.sendflower.co.il/images/amena...

Help to identify a house plant! There is something wrong with it!?
I do believe your plant is a Dieffenbachia. And sounds like you have spider mites.





If you want to keep your houseplants healthy, you need to be able to identify the problem when their appearance is not quite right. Follow these steps to determine if mites are causing trouble.





1. Take a close look at your plant. You may not see mites, but there are other signs that you can watch for.





2. Keep an eye out for very fine webs on the bottoms of the leaves.





3. Check for the mites themselves if you don%26#039;t see any webs. Use the edge of a sheet of white paper to tap the plant near its base; if mites are present, you will see small, pinpoint sized specks moving around on the paper.





4. Eliminate the mites using a mild insecticide mixed with soapy water.
Reply:this is a diffenbachia or dumbcane. ...



performing arts

No comments:

Post a Comment