Saturday, April 11, 2009

When to Plant Mums in Kansas?

I received a potted mum plant. It isnt looking very good. didnt know if I should plant it outside or if it can stay inside. currently it is about 55 degrees during the day and low 30%26#039;s at night. What should I do. This plant was a gift and means alot.


Thanks

When to Plant Mums in Kansas?
Mums are cold hardy. It will do well inside or outside. I would keep it outside and when the temperature falls below freezing I would bring it inside. My neighbor has Mums in her garden and they just starting blooming last week! BTW - I live next door in Missouri.
Reply:Mums are cold hardy perennials which means they will come back year after year. Yu can plant it now but mulch it very very well. If will die back when it frezzes but come back the next spring



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment